These are some Frequently asked questions about Robotics
- What is robotics?
- Robotics is using a computer to control a piece of machinery
- How time-consuming is it to come up with these creations or ideas?
- I'm not sure if I would call any part of robotics time-consuming. Certainly most things such as designing a circuit or writing programs will take time to make them work correctly, but I think that in robotics we are creating things and coming up with new ideas all the time. Robotics is a continuing effort that I don't think will ever end. There's always something to improve upon or some new idea to implement.
- What is the best part of robotics?
- The best part of robotics is getting something to work using the efforts of many different people and skills. In robotics, there's a lot of teamwork. No one person does all the work to make a robot operate. It's always interesting to me to see all the different skills required to make our robots work.
- What is the hardest part of building robots?
- The hardest part of building robots is finding out something didn't work the way you expected. When that happens, we usually have to go back to the drawing board and come up with some other creative way to do what we want.